Check out the following solutions for charging multiple iPads and let the budget decide!
|IKEA PS Cabinet|
- The cheapest solution I've been shown to date is obvious - simply charge your iPads via a multiblock power source and sync via iCloud- simples! - depending on how many iPads you have the total cost will be the number of multiblocks you need. Some users I know are using plate-racks (for draining after washing) to line-up and stand their iPads on for charging - check out your local Wilkos if you live in the UK.
Other schools I know have gone down the 'build your own design' route using the IKEA PS cabinet, adding shelf dividers and securing multiblocks to the inside, another very cheap option for charging - syncing is achieved with the Belkin USB port as described next.
- A Belkin USB 2.0 Port which has 7 ports is available from Amazon for under £20 - currently unavailable - no guesses as to why!
- Loxit sell a range of Trolleys and chargers for 16 and 32 iPads available from ict-direct for around £1400.
- AT Computers sell the Kallysta KsyncMA16 charging/syncing product - not sure about pricing.
- The Leba iCase can be purchased from Jigsaw which will Sync and Charge 16 iPads at a cost of £1325.
- Ergotron Sync and Charge up to 48 iPads but have solutions for 10/20/30 iPads as well.
- Griffin have brought out a MultiDock solution for 10 iPads which Sync and Charge for around £500, but also provide solutions for larger numbers of iPads.
- Configurator is designed for class sets of iPads using a sync trolley - and volume licensing.
Other schools sing the praises of Casper as a proper MDM solution which Lion Server is not. The advantage with Casper is its education pricing:"Education Pricing - JAMF Software offers significant purchasing discounts to education organizations. The Casper Suite is licensed per managed Mac or iOS device, with a 100% discount off the license cost for both higher education and K-12 education. Education organizations pay only the per-seat Annual Maintenance costs, with discounts available for volume purchases. Additionally, every new sale of the Casper Suite is accompanied by a JumpStart, a two day on-site visit with a JAMF Software Field Service Manager to install the software and provide guidance and training to help your IT staff integrate the suite into your environment."